Crepillas


I don't know why, but lately I've been dying for a soft, gluten free tortilla that I can make wraps with and it won't break. 

Experiment time!

I headed to the kitchen and was just throwing things together. I kind of based it off of mom's crepe recipe in her jumbo recipe book. 

Walaah! Magic!

I cooked them like a crepe and just about wanted to shout for joy when they came out so beautifully! Mom and dad were gone, so I couldn't share my joy (which in this situation was very difficult). 

Now, I call these crepillas because they're a mix between a crepe and a tortilla. I made sandwich wraps with these as well as sweet crepes in the morning. They are wonderfully diverse!

Oh, and the good news... they probably take 10 min. max to make. Can't complain about that!




Crepillas
Yields: 5 roll-ups


Ingredients:

1 cup rice flour (we can only find white rice flour over here, but brown rice probably has more nutrition.)
½ cup water
½ soy milk (or any milk)
½ tsp. salt
4 egg whites

Directions:

Mix all ingredients together and whip until smooth. Batter will be thin. Spray a fry pan with cooking spray. Pour ½ cup of the batter onto the fry pan over medium heat. Move the pan around until the batter has formed a circle. When the sides start curling up and brown spots appear underneath, flip the crepes. Cook until brown spots appear underneath and flip onto plate. Do 2 crepes and then let the pan cool. Then do 2 more. If the pan does not cool, the crepes will burn.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pumpkin Pancakes

Mock 'Cream of Broccoli Soup' w/ Quinoa

Tropical Popsicle (in a bowl) no sugar