Salmon Cashew Pizza


So, I was looking at the date on my last blog, and I couldn't believe it had been that long! Bye bye October!

 Anyway, I've had this post half-done in draft form for a while and I figure I gotta force myself to finish it. This happened weeks ago mind you!

 There's nothing like spending a Friday evening together with the family (mom, dad, and I :)) making homemade pizzas and watching a movie! It's little things like this that create the fondest memories! 

Mom made a regular pizza crust for her and dad. I made a gluten free crust that seriously is the easiest crust I have ever made! It  took 10 min. tops. However, it wasn't like a traditional fluffy or crispy crust. It was slightly more rubbery, which sounds gross, but it actually fit really well with the sauce, etc. 

I went a little crazy and made a really abnormal pizza. I made a yummy sauce and then topped with: broccoli, cauliflower, stir-fried salmon, cabbage, and cashews. 



And yes, I ate that entire half of the pizza by myself...easy. :)

Salmon Cashew Pizza (gf/df/sf)

Ingredients:

Pizza Crust

1/2 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup rice flour
2/3 cup soy milk
4 egg whites
1 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. Italian spices
1 dash garlic powder

Preheat oven to 425.

Mix all ingredients together gently, don't over-beat.
Pour into a greased pizza pan (or any pan).
Bake 10 min.


Toppings:

Pizza Sauce (if I find the recipe I used I will post it :)
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Cabbage (cut in strips)
Cooked Salmon (in small fry pan, stir-fry bite sized chunks of salmon in a little bit of olive oil)
Cashews

Add toppings onto crust and bake until the toppings start to brown slightly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pumpkin Pancakes

Mock 'Cream of Broccoli Soup' w/ Quinoa

Tropical Popsicle (in a bowl) no sugar