Creamy Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal


I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm in a little bit of a creamy mood. Something about the word just makes the dish better!

I made this the other morning because I had roasted pumpkin waiting to be used, and I wanted to get a little bit more vegetables into my day.

This is a quick, easy breakfast recipe that will spice up your normal morning routine. It seriously takes 5 minutes. 


Creamy Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
Serves: 1

Ingredients
            1/3 cup unrolled oats
            2/3 cup water
            2 Tbsp. flax meal (optional)
            1/3 cup mashed or pureed pumpkin (I used roasted pumpkin, but canned works too.)
            dash of vanilla
            cinnamon (to your liking)
            2 Tbsp. sweetener (I used honey)
            3 Tbsp. milk
            raisins (optional)
            walnuts (optional: I did not have any)

Directions:
            Put oats and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. When the oatmeal is done to your liking, remove from heat. Stir in the flax meal. Add the pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon, and sweetener. Stir the milk in last. Scoop into a small bowl and top with raisins or walnuts.




Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm not supposed to feel anxious in the temple right?

Belgian Oat Waffles (gf, df, sf, soy free, V)

Blueberry Waffles (gf, df, refined sugar free, low fat)