Creamy Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal


I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm in a little bit of a creamy mood. Something about the word just makes the dish better!

I made this the other morning because I had roasted pumpkin waiting to be used, and I wanted to get a little bit more vegetables into my day.

This is a quick, easy breakfast recipe that will spice up your normal morning routine. It seriously takes 5 minutes. 


Creamy Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
Serves: 1

Ingredients
            1/3 cup unrolled oats
            2/3 cup water
            2 Tbsp. flax meal (optional)
            1/3 cup mashed or pureed pumpkin (I used roasted pumpkin, but canned works too.)
            dash of vanilla
            cinnamon (to your liking)
            2 Tbsp. sweetener (I used honey)
            3 Tbsp. milk
            raisins (optional)
            walnuts (optional: I did not have any)

Directions:
            Put oats and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. When the oatmeal is done to your liking, remove from heat. Stir in the flax meal. Add the pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon, and sweetener. Stir the milk in last. Scoop into a small bowl and top with raisins or walnuts.




Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pumpkin Pancakes

Mock 'Cream of Broccoli Soup' w/ Quinoa

Tropical Popsicle (in a bowl) no sugar