Chunky Monkey Banana Muffins


I'm super excited about this recipe!! I would dare to say it's one of the best things I've ever created! I was really craving a good snack type muffin the other week, so I headed to the kitchen and came out hot, sweaty, and deliciously satisfied! However, when the week finished and my muffins were all gone, I realized I had either lost the recipe or had forgotten to write it down. I was so made at myself!! Luckily I tried making them again today, and I think they turned out pretty much the same. Thank goodness, or I never would have forgiven myself!

These muffins are incredibly simple, yet they taste like a mini loaf of banana bread. The best banana bread in the world that is!! And to top it off, they are gluten (watch the oats), dairy, and completely sugar free! Not bad, right?!

Just slice one in half, spread peanut butter on it, put it back together, and you've got an amazing snack, or dessert. These seriously tasted like cookies! Mmm...mm...good.



CHUNKY MONKEY BANANA MUFFINS
Yields 6 muffins

Ingredients:

2 bananas
1/4 cup oil (I used vegetable oil)
2 egg white
1Tbsp. honey
1 cup oats
Half of a 1/3 cup rice flour (or any type of flour)
1 Tbsp. flax meal (optional)
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350. In a medium sized bowl mash the bananas with a fork. Add the oil and egg white and mix together. Add the oats, flour, flax, cinnamon, salt, and powder and stir until combined. Spray a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Pour batter into muffin pan (taking a few generous licks of the spoon in the process!!). Bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes. Enjoy!  Note: they are best when kept in the fridge. They last well for weeks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pumpkin Pancakes

Mock 'Cream of Broccoli Soup' w/ Quinoa

Tropical Popsicle (in a bowl) no sugar