Oatmeal Cookies


These are REALLY good!

You have to trust me on this one. 

Anything with oatmeal is beyond fantastic. I think oatmeal should have its own section on the food pyramid. It's certainly a staple in my diet. I eat it basically everyday. I'm also a huge advocate and promoter of oatmeal with flax. I now never eat oatmeal without flax. 

These are also conveniently gluten and refined sugar free. I also made one batch without eggs and one with just to see the difference. It was a close call, but I think I'll have to go with the eggless one (mom thought so too) :) 




OATMEAL COOKIES

Yields: 15 cookies

Ingredients:
1 cup oats
1/2 cup flax
1/2 cup oat flour
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. soda
1 flax egg* (measure out 1/2 cup of flax and then take out 1 Tbsp. and mix in a small bowl with 3 Tbps. water)
1/4 cup oil

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2, Make flax egg and set aside for 10 minutes.
3. Mix together oats, flax, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and soda.
4. Add oil and flax.
5. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray. Roll the dough into about 1 Tbsp. worth of dough and place on cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 10 min. When it has been almost 10 min. flatten the cookies out slightly with a spatula.
Enjoy!!

***If using eggs replace flax egg with 1 egg white. Add only 1/4 cup + 3 Tbsp. flour.




 YUMMY!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pumpkin Pancakes

Mock 'Cream of Broccoli Soup' w/ Quinoa

Tropical Popsicle (in a bowl) no sugar