Gingerbread


I think this could be the best day I've ever had. So my challenge to everyone (see former posts) has been a success. My life is now complete! My goal over the break was to create my own recipe for gingerbread. I really just wanted to do something of my own. So, basing it off of other cake type things I began and here is what I came up with ( I can't believe it worked the first time, I thought it would take me 4 or 5 tries)!

Kenzie's Gingerbread:

1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1 1/4 +1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. ginger
1 Tbsp. Blackstrap molasses
2 Tbsp. powdered sucanat

Mix first 3 ingredients together. Then add eggs, oil, and milk and stir. The stir in cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and vanilla. Next add molasses and sucanat. Bake in 8" x 8" pan at 350 for about 10 minutes. Warning: Do not let the taste of
the batter scare you, it changes when it cooks! :)

I am proud to say that both dad and Shawn thought it was delicious (as well as everyone else)!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pumpkin Pancakes

Mock 'Cream of Broccoli Soup' w/ Quinoa

Tropical Popsicle (in a bowl) no sugar