Chicken Veggie Meatballs

I am super excited about this recipe!! It's not very often that I create my own savory recipe. Now that schools out though, I want to try making more of my own dinner recipes.

uncooked meatballs
I had the idea several weeks ago to make chicken meatballs packed with veggies. I like meatballs, but the only ones we have are made with beef, and since I don't eat beef I decided to play around with chicken.


I also was in need of something with protein in it. Now that my staple protein of peanut butter is not an option I have difficulty getting enough protein. I love Greek yogurt, but unfortunately a lot of the times it is unavailable here in Cambodia. It just so happens to be one of those times. So, I pulled out the chicken. These turned out to be a perfect protein fix that are easy to be eaten anywhere, anytime. I'm even thinking of taking these on our trip to Vietnam next week.

So in short: these.are.amazing! It's just that simple. Hot or cold these little babies are a delicious snack, lunch, or dinner. They can also be frozen to increase their life-span! They would be great with rice or noodles and whatever dressing of your choice!

Without further ado, I present to you:





Chicken Veggie Meatballs (gluten, dairy, soy, sugar free + fat free)

Ingredients
~ 2 lbs. ground chicken, thawed (preferably organic)
1 ½  cups carrots, finely chopped
            2 bell peppers, finely chopped (I used red and green)
            ½ onion, finely chopped
            7 garlic cloves, finely chopped
            bunch cilantro, finely chopped
            2 egg whites
            3 heaping Tbsp. ground flax
            1 tsp. Himalayan salt
           
Directions
            1.Preheat the oven to 350.
2. Mix the chopped carrots, peppers, onion, garlic, and cilantro in a large mixing bowl.
3. Place the ground chicken in a small bowl and work it with your fingers to break it up and mix it together.
4. Add the chicken to the vegetables and mix well (it’s easiest to use your hands).
5. Add the egg whites, flax, and salt and mix until combined.
6. Lightly grease a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Roll the mixture into balls and place on the cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.

Enjoy!





This is shared at simplysugarandglutenfree.com

Comments

  1. I'm making these right now...

    I adapted a little, but my HOUSE SMELLS AMAZING!

    Thanks!

    I cannot wait to try them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many calories per meatball would u think?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pumpkin Pancakes

Mock 'Cream of Broccoli Soup' w/ Quinoa

Tropical Popsicle (in a bowl) no sugar