Tomato and Tilapia Zoodles

I haven't posted a recipe for so long and I'm SO excited! I've been keeping my meals really simple lately. I typically have eggs and veggies/smoothie/oatmeal (occasionally)/yogurt and nuts for breakfast, chicken or fish and veggies for lunch, and the same for dinner. I'll be honest, it gets pretty boring sometimes. It's funny though because I'll be with family and I'll make one of my meals and my family thinks it looks so good, and I'm just like, really? I've had requests to actually document some of the recipes I make. Everything I make is usually under 10 minutes and requires zero cooking skills. It's simple, easy, and quick.

I'm sure there will come a time when my meals get more complex, but right now I'm just trying to keep it simple! This zoodles recipe legitamately took me UNDER 10 minutes. Yup! The actual cooking time was like 4 minutes. *It will take longer if you make the zucchini noodles yourself. I bought mine pre-made.


Well, without further ado...

Tomato and Tilapia Zoodles
Serves: 1
Total Time: 10 minutes

Ingredients: 
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 4 oz Tilapia fillet 
1 large or 2 small tomatoes, chopped
1 heaping cup zucchini noodles
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
salt, to taste
1/2 ripe avocado

  Directions:

1. In a medium sized fry pan heat the oil on medium-high heat. 
2. When heated, place the fish in the pan and stir around in the oil a little bit. Cook for about 1 minute and then flip. 
3. When you flip the fish, add the tomatoes. 



4. After about another minute the fish should be cooked. With a spatula break up the fish into small chunks and stir together with the tomatoes. 
5. Add the zucchini noodles and mix everything well.



6. Add onion and garlic powder and salt. 
7. Cook until the zucchini noodles are tender, but not soggy. (It takes a couple of times cooking zoodles to learn what texture you like them. I just cook mine for a little bit because I like them to still have a slight crunch. If you cook them too long they get quite watery.)
8. Add sliced avocado and serve!

Notes:
*Chicken would be a good substitute if you don't like or don't have tilapia. 
*I suggest not using Roma tomatoes because they're not as juicy. 
*I like to cut up the zoodles a little bit before I cook them so they're not as long. 


Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pumpkin Pancakes

Mock 'Cream of Broccoli Soup' w/ Quinoa

Tropical Popsicle (in a bowl) no sugar