Sweet Potato Frittata (FODMAP free)

Yesterday morning I had a strong craving for a frittata, random I know. I've always loved frittatas, but recently egg yolks have been upsetting my stomach so I never made them. However, I've been having success these last couple of days when eating egg yolks, so I thought I would give it a try. Happily my stomach did not hurt after eating this…yay!!

I felt so domestic-like pulling this out of the oven. It seemed like it should go on my window sill like in all of the books.



I put the sweet potato slices on the bottom of the pan and then poured the egg mixture over it and this cool thing happened. The sweet potato slices got sandwiched in between the layers of egg. It was so neat…and delicious!


Sweet Potato Frittata 

Ingredients:
6 or 7 slices sweet potato 
6 eggs
1/2 cup almond milk ( or any milk)
1/2 cup mixed baby greens or spinach, chopped
1 tsp. Himalayan salt
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. dried parsley
1 tsp. dried chives 
parmesan cheese, shredded, as much as desired

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 375.

Grease a pie pan and cover the bottom with the sweet potato slices. 

In a medium bowl whisk the eggs, milk, greens, and spices. Pour over the sweet potato slices.

Sprinkle the freshly grated parmesan cheese over the top. If desired, also shred sweet potato over the top. I liked it with both because it gave it a nice, somewhat crunchy top.

Cook in the oven for 40-50 minutes or until the top has made a dome. It should be firm to the touch. It will deflate slightly as it cools, but that's okay. 


This is a super yummy breakfast or meal anytime of the day! It takes a little bit to cook, but very little hands on time.
Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pumpkin Pancakes

Mock 'Cream of Broccoli Soup' w/ Quinoa

Tropical Popsicle (in a bowl) no sugar