Quinoa "Fried Rice" (FODMAP free)

I thought I would share a yummy recipe that I made today. It's very simple, easy, and you can adapt it to your needs. There is no garlic, onion, soy, or other high-FODMAP foods, so it's a great lunch or dinner for people with IBS. I kind of just threw this together because I wanted something quick after my dance classes, and it turned out to be really yummy!


Quinoa "Fried Rice"
Serves: 2

1 cup quinoa, uncooked
2 cups water
2 tsp. olive oil
2 cups mixed vegetables, chopped*
2 eggs
salt
fish sauce (optional)
Parmesan cheese (optional)

Pour the water and quinoa into a medium pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and cover for about 15 minutes. Turn off the heat and fluff with a fork. Cover again and let sit for a couple of minutes. 

While the quinoa is cooking, heat the oil in a large fry pan. Place the vegetables in and cook until tender. Place in a bowl and set aside. In the same pan, lightly scramble the eggs. 

When the quinoa is done, mix everything together and sprinkle with salt, fish sauce, and cheese to your liking.
Enjoy!

*Note: I used a combination of chopped sweet potato, zucchini, and yellow squash. You could also use peas, carrots, broccoli, etc.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pumpkin Pancakes

Mock 'Cream of Broccoli Soup' w/ Quinoa

Tropical Popsicle (in a bowl) no sugar