Zucchini Apple Brownies (dairy, refined sugar, fat free)

I like chocolate.

I don't love chocolate.

But sometimes a girl's just gotta have her chocolate.

Yesterday was that day.



Other fun (or not so fun) fact: chocolate is one of the worst foods for my stomach. It's probably one of the worst triggers for my stomach pain. That in mind, I haven't had anything chocolatey for a very long time. However, for some reason I have been craving chocolate for the past week. We got back from Vietnam on Wednesday, and that day I set out to make these Zucchini Apple Brownies.

Knowing me, I had to pack as many nutrients as possible into these brownies so I used grated and chopped zucchini and apples, and... you would never be able to guess! The milk makes them taste slightly more on the milk chocolatey side than the dark chocolate. I'm typically a fan of dark chocolate, but I still thought these brownies were delicious!

The texture of these brownies might be a little different than normal, but they are still delicious. I individually wrapped and froze mine after they cooled (makes my tummy happier because I don't eat too many at one time), and I love to take one out and let it thaw for an hour o



r so and then have a cold brownie (or you can microwave for warm chocolatey yumminess!).



Zucchini Apple Brownies

Ingredients
            2 cups + 3 Tbsp. all purpose flour
            ¼ cup cocoa powder
            1 tsp. baking soda
            ½ tsp. Himalayan salt
            4 egg whites
            ½ cup + 1-2 Tbsp. palm sugar (depending on sweet tooth)
            1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
            1 cup zucchini, grated and chopped (about ¾ zucchini)
            1 cup apples, grated and chopped ( about 2 small apples)
            ½ cup milk of choice
            ½ cup water (or more milk)

Directions
            Preheat the oven to 350. In a medium sized mixing bowl mix together the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl mix the liquid ingredients (including the palm sugar). Gently stir the dry ingredients into the wet until just combined. Spray a 13x9 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and pour the batter into it. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes.

Option: when cooled, cut the brownies and wrap individually with plastic wrap and put in the freezer. Take out about an hour before you eat it to thaw, or microwave it.

Enjoy!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pumpkin Pancakes

Mock 'Cream of Broccoli Soup' w/ Quinoa

Tropical Popsicle (in a bowl) no sugar