Creamy Parmesan Dressing (soy, lactose, FODMAP free)

Trying to find salad dressings is like my worst nightmare. I honestly dread having to try to find a salad dressing that works for me and makes my tummy happy. This is quite unfortunate because I absolutely love salads! However, I've decided that having a good salad dressing determines whether or not I'm in the mood for a salad. 
Finding a dressing that is free of soy, dairy, onion, and garlic is pretty much impossible. And the ones that do exist are no bueno. Not to mention they are expensive and usually contain oils like canola or safflower, which I don't totally love. I've tried multiple times to make my own vinaigrettes from olive oil, balsamic vinegar, etc. But, I've just never loved those. I'm much more of a creamy salad dressing kind of girl. Thus came the creation of my creamy parmesan dressing:


To my delight, parmesan cheese is lactose-free so I tried blending the cheese with some olive oil and other ingredients, and to my delight this delicious dressing came to birth!




Creamy Parmesan Dressing (FODMAP free, soy free, lactose free) 

Ingredients:
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, sliced and cut into squares
2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
pinch salt
2 tsp. dijon mustard (optional)

How To:
1. Put all of the ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until smooth. It will probably take longer than you think to make it creamy. 
2. Pour the dressing into a container. Let the dressing sit for a minute. The cheese will kind of curdle and the oil will come to the top. Drain a little bit of the oil off the top. 
3. Add a tablespoon or two of water (depending on your desired thickness) to the dressing and stir. The dressing should become very creamy and should run off the spoon smoothly now. 
Enjoy!


Comments

  1. This looks so yummy! I love homemade salad dressings! Debbie McEwen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pumpkin Pancakes

Mock 'Cream of Broccoli Soup' w/ Quinoa

Tropical Popsicle (in a bowl) no sugar