When All Else Fails

I've been thinking about writing this post for quite some time now. There has been so much on my mind lately and I thought it would be good to write it out. Hopefully it makes sense :).
It can be hard to stay optimistic in this world of ours. There is so much contention, jealousy, self-doubt, and confusion. I feel like there are things all around me telling me to be someone I'm not. I've got to be prettier, thinner, smarter, happier, etc, etc. These dangerous thoughts are driving me and a lot of people to a mind set of great unhappiness with life. It seems like we are continually being driven to a point of disappointment about who we are, where we are, and why we are.


For people with psychological disorders, such as depression, these thoughts can be debilitating. They can lead to a point of stagnation if not a downward spiral. One negative thought leads to a negative emotion which leads to a negative behavior, which leads to another negative emotion, and then the cycle starts again. It's a dangerous cycle to be on, however there is hope. The cycle can also be positive.    I'm sure there are many who are now thinking, but there is no hope. I've got no friends, no confidence, and everything seems to be going wrong. I know from experience that it's very discouraging to watch your life go from progression to regression. The other day I took my first yoga class that I've taken in a very long time and I was so frustrated with myself the whole time. All of the strength and flexibility I had was gone. I felt so weak and incapable of doing anything. It was then that I had realized that other areas of my life were beginning to regress rather than progress as well. As I have been trying to figure out how I can start to progress again, I realized that I have been trying to go through life alone. Christ tells us that if we yoke ourselves to Him, He will help carry our burdens for us. As the pioneers crossed the plains we know that there were times when some, if not all, felt like they could not keep going. The handcart was just too hard to pull any further. I also know that there are many of us who feel that way today. Sometimes we feel like we just can't pull our emotion or physical loads anymore. But just as there were angels helping push and pull the pioneer's handcarts, there are angels, both physical and spiritual, helping us along. We must not forget that Christ knows who we are by name and He loves us enough to go through all of the pain, sorrow, guilt, and regret that we have, are, and will go through.


He knows how it feels to not want to continue on this journey anymore. In the Garden of Gethsemane, he pleaded with the Father to have the bitter cup removed, however He went through with it because it was the Father's will. And I personally believe that it was His will to. *This is not doctrine, but just my own thoughts. * I believe that His mortal person did not want to do it. However, I believe that His godly person wanted to. He wanted to sacrifice Himself because He loves us so much. He knows that we will all have our own bitter cups that we won't want to drink, and so He drank His as well as all of ours so He could help push our "handcarts". So if there is anyone out there who is reading this and feeling like they just can't drink anymore of their bitter cup, remember that Christ will never fail you. He will help you every sip of the way. And when it feels like you can't take another step don't worry, He will carry you.

He'll Carry You, Hillary Weeks:
http://youtu.be/HCVT88Dz_CM



And when you feel of little worth remember that God saved you to come down to Earth at this time. He trusted and believed in you so much that He saved you for this glorious time. We are Children of God, and with that comes great strength. Your Heavenly Father believes in you, so when you don't believe in yourself, remember that the One who created you does. YOU ARE NOT REPLACEABLE TO HIM (or anyone else)! 
One of my favorite scriptures that I read almost daily is Alma 34:41, "But that ye have patience, and bear with those afflictions, with a firm hope that ye shall one day rest from all your afflictions."

Sincerely,
Kenzie M :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pumpkin Pancakes

Mock 'Cream of Broccoli Soup' w/ Quinoa

Tropical Popsicle (in a bowl) no sugar